I am so incredibly humbled and honored to have been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award 8 times so far. Just writing this sentence drew a huge smile on my face, to think there is this many bloggers who not only like my content but also felt it was deserving of a nomination. I am forever grateful!
Now, due to the nature of this award, it is quite challenging to fit them all into a single post and, therefore, I decided to divide them into a number of separate posts.
My first nomination was by one of my favourite people, Vanessa (The Wellbeing Blogger), I like to think of her as my “journey-towards-freedom” pal.
She is a writer, a therapist, and a life coach among so many things. Her blog is truly inspiring and motivational and you really have to check it out if you haven’t already.
My second nomination was by my very good blogger friend, Kendra (Hearts and Houseshoes). She created her blog to help raise awareness of Type 1 Diabetes by sharing her own experiences in dealing with it.
She also writes about fitness and household tips. There’s a lot of useful information there, so make sure to check it out!
About the Award
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive, and inspiring, while spreading sunshine to the blogging community. The award is driven entirely by the community, passed from blogger to blogger in recognition of their inspiring material.
Rules of the Award
- Thank the blogger who nominated you. (Thank you Vanessa and Kendra!)
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify your nominees about their nomination.
- List the rules and display a Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or website.
To not have this post be too long, I answered 6 questions off Vanessa’s list and 6 questions off Kendra’s list.
1. What job did you want to have when you were a kid?
I can’t remember what I wanted when I was a child, but in my teen years I wanted to be a forensic analyst.
2. List 5 things that bring you happiness.
Food, a cool breeze of air, early mornings, green sceneries, and comedy shows.
3. What’s your favourite food?
Anything chicken and pizza.
4. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I see myself in two equally possible scenarios, either with 4 different streams of stable passive income, a dog, my own product line, one published book, and two more websites..
5. What was your childhood’s nickname?
6. If you could go on a mission around the world, what would it be about?
1. Do you let family and friends know about your blog?
Unfortunately, I force myself to tell everyone I see. It’s kind of my way to hold myself accountable.
2. When it comes to blogging, what do you enjoy most about it?
Honestly, at the moment, the only thing I enjoy is getting feedback.
3. What advice would you give a beginner blogger?
I was about to give up on blogging one day because I felt it was useless and I wasn’t going anywhere with it. That same day in the afternoon, I received my very fist offer to publish a sponsored post on my blog.
Not just in blogging, but in anything, when you’re about to give up, remember, that next try, that next post, that next book could be your winning one.
4. What is your best personality trait?
I admit when I’m at fault; sometimes with words, sometimes with actions.
5. Other than writing, what is your favorite hobby?
Reading and photography.
6. Is there a certain skill you wish you could improve?
I wish I could get back to violin and improve my skills, but unfortunately that’s not possible anymore.
List of 11 Bloggers I Nominate
- Sandy – Sunday Morning with Sandy
- Mama Robins – Undistracted Life Series
- Alex – Damsel Divorcée
- Mikaela – A Blonde In The Crowd
- Spence – The Mindberg
- Arushi – Arushi Sinha
- Shelly – Breathe and Reboot
- Madison – The Madi Method
- Kieran (plus one?) – MacBar Blogs
- Rachel – YamteQ
- Positively Weightless
My 11 Questions for You
- What is the first thing you do when you wake up?
- What is your spirit animal?
- What do you do when you feel uninspired?
- What is the last thing you do before you go to bed?
- What is the worst food you’ve ever tasted?
- List 3 of your best qualities.
- One thing you will never go anywhere without.
- When you close your eyes, what do you see?
- Name one thing that has changed about you/your life in the last 5 years.
- What is one sport you wish you excelled at?
- Who was your first blogger friend?
Again, a big thank you to Vanessa and Kendra for nominating me, and congratulations to all the nominees!
Till the next awards season, happy days!