I intended to publish this post as an extra weekly post on Tuesday, not the Saturday one, however, due to the technical difficulties I am facing at the moment, I had to go with this one for the week.
Vogue questions, for those who are not familiar with it, is a segment where an interviewer behind the camera asks an artist/celebrity 73 random questions.
I like this segment and have watched most of them. I have to say though that I find many of them rather awkward because I feel they try too hard to make it look like it’s unplanned/unscripted which sometimes comes across cringe-worthy.
However, there are some that I do enjoy watching because I like the person being interviewed. And it’s fun too.
I was surprised to find that bloggers have created their own version of the 73 Vogue Questions as a “get to know me” thing and I think it’s cool!
I was tagged in this by the beautiful Mikaela, you can read her answers here.
I have attached an audio file below of me answering the questions to make it easier for those who don’t want to read the whole thing. Because that’s a lot of trivial reading!
But don’t mind the weird sound differences, I recorded this on more than one sitting and it’s only done on my phone. I may have also screwed a few names here and there.
Audio version: vogue-73-questions-with-ray-1.m4a
73 Vogue Questions
1. What’s your usual Starbucks order?
I don’t drink there that often, but mostly it’s Caffe Mocha, no whipped cream.
2. What does your work station look like?
It used to be my desk in my bedroom near the window looking out on a few buildings and a garden. But recently I have been just using my laptop on the couch.
3. All-time favorite food?
I’d have to say chicken.
4. Favorite author?
Tough question! I think it would be a tie between Agatha Christie and Paulo Coelho.
5. What do you think of open relationships?
I think it’s a weird concept, however, if it works for you then cool. I wouldn’t ever be part of one though, quite jealous for that.
6. What is your favorite video game?
I love racing games in general. I can’t quite remember names, but I remember there was a motorcycle racing game that I was addicted to. Back in the day I used to play super mario a lot too!
7. Guilty pleasure treat?
Don’t think I have one. Unless we’d consider pizza a guilty pleasure..
8. Your favorite movie?
A movie that has good plot twists, real scares, about cooking, or simply one that makes me laugh all would qualify as a favourite movie.
9. Favorite book?
It’s hard to pick a favourite book. But I’ll go with the first two that came to mind: The Secret: Daily Teachings by Rhonda Byrne and Revenge by Yoko Ogawa.
10. Best advice you’ve ever received?
My mom used to tell me when I was younger, “If you’ll have no problem if the whole world finds out what you’re doing now, then do it.” This has been kind of my moral compass.
11. Twitter or Instagram?
Twitter to interact and share my thoughts. Instagram to me is like a reality TV show; I get a sneak peak at everyone else’s life.
12. Are you a desktop or laptop person?
Definitely laptop. I love a desktop for the keyboard, but overall a laptop is my choice.
13. What projects are you working on right now?
I’m working on an ebook at the moment and have just gotten back to writing fiction again, so hopefully I’ll manage to finish a few short stories in the near future.
14. What’s your favorite color?
Black overall; however, in clothing, I also like Red a lot.
15. Did you get good grades in school?
School here is education up until Secondary school only not college/uni.
So in school I only got good grades in the subjects I liked which were languages, literature, psychology and philosophy. Everything else was average.
16. Dream job?
When I was younger I wanted to become a forensics analyst. And when I grew older my wish was to be part of a cabin crew.
17. Played any sports?
Karate and swimming but I didn’t last long in either.
18. Do you have a degree?
Yes, a bachelor’s degree in Electrical and Telecommunication Engineering.
20. What’s your favorite kind of blog post to do?
I like ones that have a lot of information that not many people may have heard of.
21. What do you like to collect?
I used to collect local comic magazines when I was in school, now I don’t collect anything.
22. Describe yourself in 3 words?
Empathetic, thoughtful, and indecisive.
23. If you were a rapper what would your rapper name be?
I can’t really think of one, it would be a ridiculous one though like Big L or something.
24. Who was the last person you DM’d?
25. What’s on the top of your wish list right now?
Vacation, on the beach.
26. Sorting House?
Not a Harry Potter fan, if this is what that is.
27. How many tattoos do you have?
None. I only get temporary ones.
28. What are you most grateful for this year?
Grateful for everything I managed to accomplish so far to bring me a few steps closer to my goal.
29. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this month?
I’d say the fact I have managed to spend more time with family.
30. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you today?
I had my hair cut at last!!
31. What’s the best thing ever?
32. Favorite season?
33. Favorite holiday?
It’s a tie between Ramadan and Christmas. I’m not a christian but I really like Christmas time.
34. Which fictional character do you relate to the most?
I didn’t put much thought into this, but off the top of my head I’d say Mort Rainey from the Secret Window.
35. Do you like surprises?
I love surprises. But the only surprises I actually get are in the form of plot twists.
36. What’s the biggest surprise you ever had?
I think it was back in prep school. A surprise birthday party the class arranged for me along with all the teachers. It had a profound effect because I had just moved there, so I was new with not many friends. I was also a little sick at the time, so it meant a lot.
37. What’s the surprise that made you cry?
I can’t remember if I actually cried in that one above or not but if not then probably none.
38. What’s the best surprise you’ve ever given someone?
I think a birthday present which was a huge package with all this person’s favourite stuff.
39. Do you like muffins?
Wouldn’t turn down a chocolate or a vanilla muffin.
40. Do you cook often?
I cook when I feel like it.
41. What’s your favorite dessert?
A Black Forest Cake.
42. Is there a dessert you don’t like?
I don’t have one in particular but I’m not a heavy dessert eater either.
43. Cake or pie?
44. What’s your least favorite food?
45. What’s your favorite condiment?
Ketchup and Mayo
46. It’s 4 AM on a Saturday night, what would you eat?
I could very much bake a cake at 4 AM.
47. If you could teach a college class, what would it be called?
It would be a research based class probably.
48. Best animated film?
Lion King and Toy Story.
49. What has a guy done or said to impress you?
A guy brought flowers and got down on one knee in the middle of the university’s entrance, asking to forgive him…
50. Best thing to do on a first date?
Listen more than you talk maybe.
51. Worst thing to do on a first date?
Show up late.
52. What’s the funniest pick-up line a guy could use on a girl?
Not a clue.
53. Best comic book character?
A tie between the Joker and Loki.
54. What are three things that are always in your purse?
A hand cream, a mirror, and a pencil attached to a tiny notebook for when inspiration hits.
55. Favorite drink?
56. If you could play a historical figure in a movie who would it be?
57. Kittens or puppies?
58. Tell me your favorite sushi roll?
I’m terrible with memorizing names, but it was a shrimp roll with rice and seaweed.
59. What kind of lipstick do you use?
Currently it’s NYX.
60. What kind of fountain do you use?
Don’t use one.
61. Blow dry or air dry?
Blow dry, don’t like the feeling of wet hair.
62. Who is your fashion icon?
Don’t have one.
63. Favorite Disney Character?
64. What are you doing for tomorrow?
65. Movie you laughed the hardest through?
A Bad Moms Christmas.
66. Movie that made you cry?
There’s a lot of them, the last one was probably Avengers: Endgame.
67. If you could sing a duet with someone, who would it be?
68. If your life was a song, what would the title be?
The beauty and the tragedy. It’s an actual song by The Age of Information.
69. What’s your favorite animal?
White big cats and elephants. Sorry couldn’t pick one.
70. Favorite illustrator?
I don’t have one favourite, I mean I do love illustrations but names don’t seem to stick.
71. Person you wanna have coffee with?
72. What’s the country you wish to visit?
There are so many, but Malaysia and Italy are both at the top of the list.
73. Best way to decompress?
Pizza + Comedy + Couch.
I’m supposed to tag 10-12 bloggers for this one but I’m honestly not sure who would be interested to be tagged. I might add a list later.
For now though if you want to be tagged let me know and I’ll add your name or simply just go ahead and write it without being tagged. This is how this thread has started actually.
Till next week, happy days!